Here are some random tidbits that we have experienced during the last week!
1. Tuesday I felt like Super Women. I woke up at 7am and had 30 minutes to myself before Isla got up so I did a quick workout, had a shower, got dressed into some nice non- mom clothes and did my makeup! Isla got up just as I was putting on my last coat of mascara. I nursed her, we had some playtime together and then she was giving me signs at 8:15am that she was tired. I put her back down in her crib and she fell asleep instantly. I decided to take advantage of this and did 2 loads of laundry, had some oatmeal, read a couple blogs AND cleaned the bathroom all before she woke up again at 10am. The rest of the day was lovely mother-daughter time…until she napped again and I did another load of laundry!
2. Tony Horton has been kicking my a**! I have been loving working out again and I have taken up Yoga which I have never done before but I am learning and I have also been doing Tony Horton’s 10 Minute Trainer. This is a full body workout in just 10 minutes and trust me…you feel it and sweat! I pop it in when Isla goes down for her morning nap.
3. Over the weekend, we took Isla to her first fishing derby! My grandma lives on a lake and every year she puts this event on. My husband was super excited to be a part of it this year and even more excited that Isla and I were able to come by and visit. She didn’t quite understand what was going on obvisouly but seemed pretty comfy in her sleigh that my parent’s got her for Christmas. Can’t wait for next year!
|Love this picture! Isla getting buckled in by her gramps!|
|The sun setting on a great day.|
4. Isla has always loved her baths but lately she LOVES them and the person bathing her rarely leaves dry. She splashes the – whole – time! Isla and her daddy enjoy ‘Crazy Hair’ Thursday’s together! This is her cutest style so far!
5. Wednesday I went out and purchased some fabric! I am going to learn how to sew! I will keep you posted on that. <Insert apprehensive face here> I am telling you all this so you can keep me on my toes. It is something I have tried to learn many times but have not stuck with it. I am going to learn this time!
Hope you enjoyed this weeks randomness!
Thanks for reading.