Mother’s Day is just around the corner! I have always loved celebrating this holiday with my mom and she deserves to be spoiled! Let me tell you a little bit about her. If you looked up the word “Happiness” in the dictionary, her smiley face would be there! My mother is a women who puts everyone’s thoughts and feelings above her own. She genuinely cares about people and wants nothing more than to make someone happy. She exudes a light that you just want to be around and honestly, you feel better just spending a few minutes with her. She’s honest, caring, smart, funny, loving, a fantastic wife to my dad and has been the biggest and best role model and mother to me. Now, she is able to add wonderful Grandmother to her long list of why she is amazing. She is who I aspire to be and I am so lucky to have her in my life.
Mother’s Day is the perfect day to celebrate these women who sacrifice so much for us and I couldn’t be happier to be celebrating my first Mother’s Day! This holiday is just about being together and showing your momma some love but if you are planning on doing some shopping for her, I have picked out a few ideas that will hopefully help you out in your search for the perfect gift.
1. Initial Necklace – This would be my top choice for a perfect gift for mom. I received one of these for Christmas from my husband with an “I” and it’s a staple in my wardrobe. You can check out the one in the picture from this Etsy store.
2. Flowers – Every lady loves flowers. You can’t go wrong!
3. Thank You Cards – A beautiful set of “Thank You” cards and/or stationary is a great gift idea. You don’t see a handwritten thank you note to much nowadays and I think we should bring it back!
4. Nail Polish – Who doesn’t love nail polish? I know I do and I welcome any new colour that is given to me!
5. Spa Day – This really doesn’t have to be explained. Message…pedicure…manicure…SPA DAY! Everyone deserves to be pampered especially us hardworking momma’s!
6. Bath and Body Works Candles – You can never have too many candles, especially ones as delicious as BBW. I have one of these in every room of my home.
7. Laundry Day – This isn’t what it looks like I swear! All I really want for Mother’s Day is a day off. If my husband lets me sleep in, takes care of Isla, makes me lunch in bed, cleans the house and does the laundry for the day I am happy!
Just remember dad’s! Father’s Day is next!
I hope these gift ideas were helpful and I hope all you mother’s out there have a wonderful day with the people you love.
What is the greatest gift you have ever received?!
Thanks for reading.