2014 was a pretty good year but I am ready for it to be over and I am ready to grab 2015 by the horns! I have some big plans for the upcoming year and I have actually made some resolutions for this year. Usually I can’t be bothered making resolutions but this year I feel the need to. 2015 just sounds like it needs to be a BIG year and I plan on doing just that.
Let’s look back on 2014 though for just a moment!
– Parenthood got really fun! Every single day Isla has done something amazing and funny. She has danced, spoke actual words, learned to eat food on her own, learned to walked, started daycare and done so many things that I can’t even begin to type out. Every day is an adventure and one that I am so happy to be a part of!
– Blogging really started to take off for me and I had one of my first articles published twice. I also found out that I am going to be The Baby Spots Blogger of the Year!
– Isla celebrated her first birthday party with all of her family and friends during one of the hottest days of the summer. It seems to be a tradition with us; Dana and I got married on one of the hottest days AND Isla came into this world on a super hot day so it only makes sense to celebrate on another hot day. We ate cupcakes, drank delicious punch, tried to find some shade and sang “Happy Birthday” to a very special little girl.
– I went back to work at the end of August and I have enjoyed having some time to myself again even if it’s at work! Lucky for me we have a great sitter so the transition to being a working mom has been a lot easier than I thought it would be.
– My husband FINALLY got full time at St. Lawrence College here in Kingston. After almost 10 years working part-time, he is officially a full-time employee. So proud of him!
What I Hope for 2015
– I want to make more time for my husband and I. We are on a mission to find a babysitter and to bring date nights back into our lives. Even if it’s once every couple of months, we need to to make more time for each other.
– I am going to try to not sweat the small stuff, to laugh a lot more and wake up every morning knowing that today is a gift.
– Cliche I know but I want to be more active. Even if it’s just 10 minutes a day, I want to get my heart really pumping!
– I want to find more creative ways to spend time with Isla. I want her to experience new things all the time and I want her to be able to play outside and use her imagination. I want her to laugh until she falls over and I want her to feel the love and fun every time she is with her dad and I.
– I want to blog more and see where “Our Life with Isla” takes me. I am going to do more reviews, interview some amazing momma’s and make the blog your one stop for everything baby!
I am incredibly excited for 2015. It just sounds like it is going to be a great year. I wish for everyone lots of happiness, love, laughs, family and peace. I wish you all experience new things and surround yourself with people that only want whats best for you. Thank you to all the readers and followers of this blog and thank you for letting me share my life with you. I wish all of your dreams will come true in 2015!