I realize I haven’t done an Isla update in a while and for that I am sorry. Honestly, she changes so much everyday. It’s hard to keep up with the girl. At this moment she is 2 years and 4 months old. Call it 2 years old, a 2 and a half year old, 2 and a quarter; whatever you want! All I know is that she is a whole lotta fun right now!
I will break down Isla’s most recent milestones and what she has been up to lately!
- She is 30 pounds and tall like her mom and dad. She is wearing all 2T and 3T clothing.
- Not much for eating these days. She likes snack time and seems to eat her best meals while grocery shopping or playing with her toys. One week she loves hummus, the next week she can’t be bothered. Meal times are a struggle so we are trying to focus more on her snack times for the moment. Her most favourite foods are always yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal, bananas peanut butter toast and sweet potato fries.
- Talking is her favourite. She is so great with sentences and is always eager to learn new words. It never ceases to amaze me the stuff that comes out of her mouth. Right now she loves calling her daddy “Dana” and she is great at saying “please and thank you” and “I’m not hungry”. Pretty much anything you say she repeats it so we have to be careful around her!
- She is a real comedian, dancer, singer and drama queen and she can create waterworks on demand. She is a firecracker who loves to be the center of attention but can also be shy and isn’t afraid to sit by herself in the corner and read a book.
- She is so friendly and loving and can’t wait to be a big sister. She loves kissing my belly and saying “hi baby brother”. She is so excited to meet him.
- We have recently moved her out of her crib as she finally figured out how to climb out of it.
- My parents bought her a big bed and it has been a month long struggle of sleep and she only wants to be in bed with me. I will take what I can get. She will figure out the bed thing soon enough.
- Using the potty has started and we are getting her use to the idea. When the timing is right we will know and more importantly so will she.
- Her favourite things to do are read books, do puzzles and play house. She loves playing with her dolls and making coffee for us all in her kitchen.
- She loves our dog Marley and pets him constantly while saying “awww he is so cute”! I die when she says that. Talk about a sweet moment to witness.
- She love, love, LOVED Christmas time. She was obsessed with saying Merry Christmas, talking about Santa and putting up decorations. We had been reading books and watching Christmas movies since November. Everything is put away now because as much as I love Christmas I don’t want to be reading about it in May!
- Isla is Miss Independent and doesn’t shy away from trying anything new and you best believe she can do it on her own with no help. She wants to grow up far to quickly.
- She enjoys spending time with all of her family and she always lets us know how much we mean to her. She is just the most loving little girl.
- She is hyper, loud, does not like to listen and loves throwing tantrums for no reason at all but the next minute is a complete angel. It usually leaves us scratching our heads wondering what just happened.
- She loves crafting and colouring and playing with stickers and can make a mean Play-Doh ball!
- She can also count to 10, knows all of her colours and can get through a lot of the “ABC’s”.
- Her favourite songs to sing are the “Itsy Bitsy Spider”, “Twinkle Little Star”, “Jingle Bells”, and “Jesus Loves Me”. She loves to fall asleep to music and usually asks me to “sing a song” while she is lying in bed.
- Naps are pretty much non exsistent but she still naps for 2 hours a day at daycare in a playpen. Go figure!
Some of Isla’s Favourite Things Right Now
Every day is nothing but excitement with her. She is the sweetest and craziest girl I know and I can’t believe how lucky I am to be her momma. Every single day I have with her is a blessing and wow does she ever make life great!