If you ask a toddler what kind of birthday party would you like, you may get quite a few different answers. Anything from Bubble Guppies, to Dora, to food related themes could come up in any conversation you may have with an almost 3 year old! This year, I wanted to do something colourful and fun, yet simple. After a very busy summer, I was running out of time to put anything major together so we decided on a watermelon themed party. It’s Isla’s favourite food so when I mentioned it to her, she was all smiles! She also through in a loud shout “I love waffles too!”
- A brunch setup with a “Make Your Own Waffle Bar,” watermelon slices, watermelon salad, watermelon punch, honey dew melon and chips and guacamole.
- A custom Happy Birthday garland that I made as well as printable watermelons AND a printable invite that I found on Pinterest made everything come together. The leftover watermelons were cut out and used as additional garland and were also put on toothpicks to be a part of the food setup.
- A chalkboard design that said “Isla, You’re One In A Melon.”
- Pink and green balloons that were easily made to resemble watermelons by dotting them with a black Sharpie.
- Watermelon cupcakes made by me with green food colouring, pink icing and chocolate chips on top.
- Pink cutlery, plates and napkins finished everything off.