My Turquoise Home


Well this morning I got to sit on the couch for a half hour of uninterrupted silence and enjoy my morning cup of coffee. And get this…it was actually hot when I drank it! Do you want to know why?! Because Isla just had her first sleepover at Nanny and Gramps’ house!

On Monday my dad called me asking if they could come pick Isla up on Thursday afternoon so she could spend the night with them. For those that don’t know, we live a couple of hours from my parents so they were going to make a special trip to see her even though we had already planned on coming for the weekend. I thought it was a great idea and knew that Isla would enjoy the time with just the two of them, not to mention my parent’s would be right in their glory. I ran it by Dana and he was fine with it too. My parent’s have babysat lots but we haven’t had the opportunity for a sleepover yet until now.

Last night was the first time in over 18 months that I didn’t put Isla to sleep and know that she was in the room next to me. It was a very weird thing to experience but I knew she would be having a blast.

I left work last night with nowhere that I had to be. I didn’t have to rush to pick her up from daycare and get dinner ready or give her a bath. I made my way to the mall. Not for anything specific but thought it might be nice to browse some stores and not be on a timeline. I made a couple of purchases and made my way home around 7:00pm not caring if I got stuck in traffic because I had nowhere to be. I made myself a leisurely supper that didn’t consist of french fries and rice (because that’s all Isla has been wanting to eat lately) and then I got my pj’s on, poured my favourite camomile tea and did absolutely nothing! Exciting right?! Maybe I should of done something better with my free time but sitting on the couch, reading a book seemed like the best thing to do. I didn’t have a baby monitor lighting up out of the corner of my eye and I didn’t have to tip toe into the bedroom at night in hopes that I wouldn’t step on the creaky piece of wood outside of her door…what my life has become! 🙂 

This morning I didn’t wake up until 7:30, I enjoyed some HOT coffee and managed to walk out of the house this morning instead of running to my car looking at my watch.

Despite all of this, the countdown is on until we see Isla tonight. I can’t wait to give her a big hug and kiss and ask her about her time with Nanny and Gramps. I am sure she will have lots of stories to tell!

Here are a couple pictures my mom sent me to keep me from not going crazy!

Thanks for reading!

 photo isla-sig_zps8900e944.jpg

 photo blog signature_zpsl72mpjgz.png

You Might Also Like...

No Comments

Leave a Reply