Baby boy could potentially make his appearance any day now. Fingers crossed that it’s not until the end of the week because that’s when I am officially done work and on maternity leave but he may have other plans! Hopefully he will want to stay cooking for a couple more weeks.
I always hoped and prayed to be blessed with a son and I can’t believe that after nine months I will get to hold him and touch his little face soon. I get emotional thinking about it and I can’t wait to experience love for a son.
Off the top of my head, here are some thoughts that get me so excited to add this little guy to our family.
- The love in my heart that I already feel for him is incredible. I have heard from so many moms that there is no love like the love you feel and experience for your son. I can’t wait to have that bond with him. I can’t wait for him to feel that love from me and for him to know that I will always be there for him.
- Having an older sister. I try to imagine the sounds and sights of Isla and her little brother playing together. I will be so excited to hear them talk to each other, hug each other or even fight with each other. I hope they grow up to be best friends and look up to one another.
- To carry on my husbands name. For my husband it’s exciting to know that his last name will be a part of another generation and that in itself is a dream you may not always get.
- To have “man time” with his daddy. I dream about watching our son go fishing with his dad, watch him change the tires on his car or go see some Monster Trucks! I am sure that Isla will be right there with them but there is something so special about a father and son being able to enjoy those moments together.
- For my mom and dad to have a grandson. My parents only had my sister and I. My dad will tell you to this day that all he ever wanted were girls but I also know how excited he was to find out we were having a boy. My mom and dad are the best people you would hope to have in your life and I am lucky enough to get to call them my parents. I can’t wait for them to experience life with a grandson and for my dad especially to have those special moments with him.
- To protect his sister and look out for his mom. I want Isla to feel safe with her brother. I want him to protect her, stick up for her and most importantly keep all the boys away! I want him to learn respect for the women in his life and to feel a duty to always want to watch out for us.
- To play and get dirty with his sister. Isla loves purses and pretty things but if she was given the choice between an orange dump truck or a doll, I can almost guarantee you that she would choose the dump truck. I can’t wait to watch her play with her brother, get a little dirty and eat worms! Not really eat them but you know what I mean. They will make so many memories together and be partners in crime I’m sure.
- Collared shirts and bow ties. I have some pretty spiffy accessories and clothing set aside for our little guy. You best believe if I can find him a tie small enough he will be wearing one and if his hair is long enough I will attempt a mohawk. Styling a little boy will be so much fun!
See you soon little guy!